Workstation Monitoring Statistics

Charles A. Summerhill casummerhill at librarylrc.uams.edu
Tue Jan 14 11:34:38 EST 1997

Temple Hoff wrote:

> "Direct Access" (Both DOS and Windows are availible) by Symantics fit the
> job perfectly.  It allows time tracking of each application used, and has
> great security features; users must login, users cannot exit to a DOS
> prompt, etc.  It is essentially a secure menuing system with quite
> extensive tracking ability.

Yes, Direct Access is a nice product -- I use it on over 25 MS-DOS/Win31 machines as my
menu system. However, Direct Access and Windows95 don't work very well together -- also
it should be noted that Direct Access is no longer being sold or supported.

I recommend WinU, a shareware product found at http://www.bardon.com, as it has most of
the capabilities (and then some others) of Direct Access.

--
  Charles A. Summerhill
  Network Manager