different browsers

William J. Frost fros at planetx.bloomu.edu
Tue Dec 9 15:39:50 EST 1997

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Gary L. Fraser III wrote:

> I realize this is a fairly novice question, but....
>
> I am far from an HTML expert, but I do the webpages for my library and have
> been running into an irritating problem. I've viewed the pages in IE 3.02
> and 4.0, and in Netscape 3.0 and 4.0. It looks different in each. I keep
> experimenting with different font sizes, but I can't seem to find one that
> looks ok no matter what the browser. The really frustrating part is that
> the computer that I do all the editing on (IE 3.02) looks ok and then I
> view it on another terminal (also IE 3.02) and the script is much smaller.
> I can't understand this problem in particular. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Gary
>

> Gary L. Fraser III
> gfraser at intermind.net
> Henderson District Public Libraries
> 280 Water Street
> Henderson, NV 89109

Gary,

Inconsistencies in platforms, browsers, and screen size has been a
long-standing problem that may one day be solved with style sheet
standardization.

What is the URL of the page with which you're having difficulty?

	Bill Frost                       Harvey A. Andruss Library
	Reference Librarian              Bloomsburg University
	717-389-4126                     Bloomsburg, PA  17815
	fros at bloomu.edu                  Fax 717-389-3895
	Listowner CAPi-L		 http://planetx.bloomu.edu/~fros/