Can you help with a Netscape problem

Dennis Tucker dennis at ash.palni.edu
Thu Aug 21 16:38:11 EDT 1997

Dear Web4libbers,

	We have a problem with Netscape Communicator.  We've just upgraded
to version 4.02, but we've had the problem since the 4.0 betas and, it
doesn't seem to get any better.  Once we have run Communicator and shut it
down, the PC (a blazing 200 MHz Pentium Pro running Windows' 95) slows
down to a crawl.  The only cure is to reboot and to avoid using
Communicator. We have gone back to using Gold with no problems, but there
are some features of Communicator 4 that we like, and we would prefer to
use it.

	Occasionally we'll get an error message "NSPR EventReceiver Not
Responding."  Does anybody know what that is?  We've searched the Netscape
documentation and found nothing.  We even reformatted our hard drive and
started over.  Nothing helps.

	Thanks for any help you can give us with this frustrating problem
that we've had for months.

Dennis C. Tucker, M.A.T., M.L.S., Project Hi-Net Director
INCOLSA (Indiana Cooperative Library Services Authority)
        Phone: (317) 298-6570          FAX: (317) 328-2380
In-state WATS: (800) 733-1899       e-mail: dennis at palni.edu
   Voice Mail: (800) 293-9366

	  Home Page:	http://incolsa.palni.edu/~dennis
Project Hi-Net Page:	http://hinet.palni.edu