high school emailers (was: great web site...)

d scott brandt techman at omni.cc.purdue.edu
Wed Apr 16 13:29:46 EDT 1997

So, what do you do when savvy kids find your page and astound you with
their curiosity and creativity? Tell 'em to piss off? (Just kidding!)
Having worked in both public and academic libraries, I still feel some
obligation to help, especially more of the "teaching-them-to-fish"
variety. Depending on time, energy, volume, etc. But do you have
experiences and or recommendations you can share?

Scott

On 14 Apr 1997 Roy Tennant <rtennant at library.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> As a digital publisher, our library has increasingly fielded email
> inquiries from students who seem to believe that since we make
> information available on a particular topic that we will do their school
> research for them. So when I saw the title of the above article, I must
> admit to experiencing a cold chill down my spine in anticipation

D. Scott Brandt				  Technology Training Librarian
Assistant Professor		 	    Purdue University Libraries
<techman at purdue.edu>	       <http://thorplus.lib.purdue.edu/~techman>