Software to track link use

Grace Garbe ggarbe at uspto.gov
Tue Oct 8 09:27:26 EDT 1996

I hope you will bear with me while I try to describe what I'm looking
for.  I maintain a collection of web resource pages which users within
the organization can access from their desktops using the Netscape
Personal Edition or from an x-terminal in the library.  I have been asked
to identify those links on the resource pages that are being used most
frequently.  The links are all external.
	The systems administrator does not know of any program that can
capture this type of activity.  If anyone knows of a program that can
accomplish this at the server level, please let me know.  User surveys
have been tried in the past, and the response has been extremely poor.
Installing software on the user's pc is not an option.
	Please reply to me personally.  Thanks.

		Grace Garbe, MLS
		Garcia Consulting, Inc.
E-Mail:	ggarbe at uspto.gov