Web4Lib Growth Spurt

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 12 19:51:02 EST 1996

Web4Lib Subscribers,
In somewhat of an astounding growth spurt, Web4Lib went from 2,985
subscribers on October 25 (the last time I checked) to 3,175 today. That
is a gain of almost 200 subscribers in less than two weeks. Until that
point we had been growing by several subscribers a day -- a rate that
would have indicated a total of a bit over 3,000 by today. I'd like to
take this opportunity to encourage everyone to use good discussion
manners (no "me too" answers, etc.) and to remind everyone about some
features of this list:

* The Web4Lib Web site is at http://sunsite.Berkeley.EDU/Web4Lib/
(tatoo this on your forehead, please). At that site may be found such
esential information as:
      * the commands to get off the list
      * the commands to suspend your mail (and resume it)
      * all other supported, although largely inappropriate, commands
      * the gripping Posting Policy
* Also take note of the Web4Lib Archive at:
http://sunsite.Berkeley.EDU/Web4Lib/archive.html
It is completely searchable and browseable from the dawn of time (April
1995 to the uninitiated)
* For your further edification and obfuscation, check out the Library Web
Manager's Reference Center at http://sunsite.Berkeley.EDU/Web4Lib/faq.html
Of particular note is the link to the Current Awareness Resources page at
http://sunsite.Berkeley.EDU/Web4Lib/current.html

Thanks all, and be safe out there! (those using animated GIFs will be
shot on sight)
Roy Tennant
Web4LIb Owner