Query: Web Site Capturing software?

Audrey B. Wright abwright at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Tue May 28 09:05:05 EDT 1996

You can actually create "local" web pages, which would reside on your
hard drive, without any special software. (Although software like
"HTML Assistant" makes creating Web Pages easier in general.) To get
Netscape to read Web pages that you either saved to your hard drive or
created from scratch:
Choose "File" --> "Open File" and then Netscape (or whatever browser)
reads the file locally.

*If you want to demonstrate connections to existing web pages, just save
the HTML coding from those pages by choosing "File"-->"Save As" and the
HTML coding will be saved to your hard drive.

*Your browser will then be able to read these pages locally. (but they
won't actually be "live," in the sense that if they are updated
frequently, you'll only have the version that existed at the time you
saved it.)

You can e-mail me directly if you have any more questions
(abwright at phoenix.princeton.edu)

Audrey Wright
Reference Librarian
Princeton University