sites for school library Internet AUPs?

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sun Jul 28 11:19:55 EDT 1996

I'm having trouble locating Internet sites for *school library* Internet
AUPs.  There is the Rice University site at:

gopher://riceinfo.rice.edu:1170/11/More/Acceptable

...which I located through Gail Junion-Metz' wonderful book, K-12 Resources
on the Internet (Library Solutions Press, 1996), but does anyone have
anything else?  The Web4LIB collections at
<http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/faq.html> are good for public and
academic libraries, but you know school libraries--horses of very different
colors.  (In fact, part of my discomfort with the Rice U. gophersite is
that the very first policy on the list is one from Tenet, the Texas
Education Network, an organization not known for its progressive approach
to electronic services and intellectual freedom--the undated "policy"
currently there seems less interested in promoting access and intellectual
freedom than in potential "behavior" problems with teachers and librarians
misusing the Internet.  Eeesh...)

Karen G. Schneider * kgs at bluehighways.com * schneider.karen at epamail.epa.gov
Author, The Internet Access Cookbook (e-mail Neal-Schuman at icm.com)
Director, US EPA Region 2 Library * Cybrarian * Columnist, American Libraries
Visit our library at http://www.epa.gov/Region2/html/library/
These opinions strictly mine!