Reset Netscape to HomePage Timer

Peter Brueggeman pbruegge at gort.ucsd.edu
Wed Jan 31 14:23:47 EST 1996

Scripps Institution of Oceanography Library has a public-access Mac with
Netscape with an Applescript providing inactivity timeout and reset to a
home page.  The script prompts after 15 minutes of inactivity and asks if
the user wants to continue.  If user clicks on continue, then the inactivity
timer is set for a longer period before asking.  If no asks to continue
(meaning it is inactive), the script resets Netscape to the designated home
page.  Contact Preston Holmes, pholmes at ucsd.edu, for further information on
the Applescripting................Peter Brueggeman

>Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 13:22:55 -0800 (PST)
>From: Krista Goguen <kgoguen at apollo.ci.pasadena.ca.us>
>To: web4lib at library.berkeley.edu
>Subject: Reset Netscape to HomePage Timer - follow up question
> We at Pasadena Public Library are also using Netscape for public
>terminal use and could use help with figuring out how to get Netscape to
>automatically return to our home page after a set time of inactivity.

Peter Brueggeman, Scripps Institution of Oceanography Library
University of Calif San Diego, 9500 Gilman Dr, Dept 0175C
San Diego CA 92093-0175 USA
  pbrueggeman at ucsd.edu;       http://www.ucsd.edu/siolibrary/
  Telephone: 619/534-1230;    Fax: 619/534-5269