Request for Web censorship forms

Gerry Rowland gerryr at netins.net
Fri Jan 5 17:18:41 EST 1996

>Hi folks - Does anyone have any electronic forms that they have people
>fill out if they want to complain about materials they find on your Web
>sites?  This would be like a request for censorship on the Web - or
>something like that?

The State Library of Iowa has the following disclaimer...no forms, yet.

  Disclaimer

The mission of the State Library of Iowa is to advocate

for Iowa libraries and promote excellence and innovation in

library services in order to provide statewide access to

information for all Iowans.  The resources of the Internet have

greatly expanded the amount of information available to Iowa citizens.

The State Library of Iowa World Wide Web Home Page is designed to

offer easy and convenient access to the wealth of information resources

on the Internet.  The sources listed are generally reliable and useful.

Be advised, however, that the Internet also contains information which

may be inaccurate, outdated, or personally offensive.

Your use of Internet resources carries with it a responsibility to evaluate

the quality of the information accessed.  Parents are strongly advised to

monitor their children's Internet use.  If you feel information obtained

through this service is inaccurate or offensive, we suggest you contact the

original producer or distributor of that information.  The availability of

information does not constitute endorsement of the content by the State

Library of Iowa.

Also, please be mindful of the following:

     •  Iowa law makes it illegal to download or purvey child pornography,

        purvey pornography to children, or to commit fraudulent acts using

        the Internet.

     •  It is the policy of the State Library of Iowa to comply fully with

        the United States copyright law.

     •  The State Library of Iowa cannot guarantee confidentiality over

        the Internet.

Gerry Rowland
State Library of Iowa