Problem with Lynx

Leslie K Alter leslie at U.Arizona.EDU
Thu Oct 5 20:22:02 EDT 1995

Hi,

I've had this problem also. It turned out that I had forgotten to put a
closing quote on when doing a link tag.

For example instead of typing
   <A HREF="http://timon.sir.arizona.edu/syllabus/f95_606.html">606</A>

I would type:

   <A HREF="http://timon.sir.arizona.edu/syllabus/f95_606.html>606</A>

The difference is very subtle and it took another set of eyes looking at
my markup to see what was wrong.

It was especially frustrating because Netscape was so forgiving and
wouldn't eat my text whereas Lynx was not and whole chunks of text would
literally drop out.

I hope this will help you solve your problem and end the retyping of your
text.

Leslie Alter
Graduate Student
University of Arizona