Problem with Lynx

Erwin Wodarczak ewodar at unixg.ubc.ca
Thu Oct 5 17:10:00 EDT 1995

I'm dropping out of "lurk mode" to see if anybody can help me figure out
what seems to be a problem with Lynx.

Occasionally, when I view one of my own documents in Lynx, whole sections of
text are missing.  When I view it in the text editor, however, everything
is there.  I am also unable to find any HTML coding errors.  No
"Netscape-isms" are involved, either.  Finally, when I look at the same
document using Netscape, all the text that was missing in Lynx is there,
and looks fine.

This has happened with newly-mounted Web documents, and newly-revised
documents.  The only solution that I've found is to re-type the entire
missing section - which is, of course, a royal pain.

Has anybody else run across this problem?  Could there be "hidden" code
breaks that Lynx is for some reason especially sensitive to?

Thanks in advance,

Erwin Wodarczak
Records Analyst / Archivist
UBC Library - Special Collections and University Archives
http://unixg.ubc.ca:7001/0/providers/spcoll/welcome.html
Tel: (604) 822-5877
Fax: (604) 822-9587
E-mail: ewodar at unixg.ubc.ca