Problem with Lynx

Margaret F Riley mfriley at WPI.EDU
Thu Oct 5 20:44:15 EDT 1995

On Thu, 5 Oct 1995, Erwin Wodarczak wrote:

> Occasionally, when I view one of my own documents in Lynx, whole sections of
> text are missing.  When I view it in the text editor, however, everything
> is there.  I am also unable to find any HTML coding errors.  No
> "Netscape-isms" are involved, either.  Finally, when I look at the same
> document using Netscape, all the text that was missing in Lynx is there,
> and looks fine.

It would probably be good if you had a "test" document some of us could
look at, but I have found that Lynx is absolutely unforgiving in HTML
errors, no matter how small.  Netscape is particularly forgiving.

Check with another browser like Mosaic or even Cello and see how the
pages look.

   Margaret F. Riley
   Coordinator of Networked Resources                  mfriley at wpi.edu
   WPI Gordon Library                                 Ph: 508/831-5963
   100 Institute Road                                Fax: 508/831-5829
   Worcester, MA  01609                    http://www.wpi.edu/~mfriley