I have seen the future of the Web...

Wilfred Drew drewwe at snymorva.cs.snymor.edu
Fri Nov 17 18:48:01 EST 1995

> and it's name is Java. After attending "Java Day" at Sun
Microsystems
> last week, and seeing what folks are doing with this programming
language
> for the Web, I am certain that it will transform our use of the Web.

Now if only someone would buy our library the machines and software
powerful enough to use it!!!

> As a Web manager, I will be trying to establish local expertise in
the
> language so I can expand our level of service to our clientele in
new and
> interesting ways. If you want more information about Java, go to
> http://java.sun.com/

I looked at that home page.  I'm very disappointed to find that it is
not available for Windows for Workgroups or Windows 3.11.  there go
the developers of software developing for machines that only larger
libraries or organizations can afford.  SIGH!!!
--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill") Serials/Reference/Systems Librarian
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY