[Web4lib] The end of MySpace, SecondLife, and Twitter

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Fri Jun 22 02:30:30 EDT 2007

Will Kurt wrote:

> But what are we really debating? MySpace, Twitter, and SL aren't
> ideas: they exist, they have millions of users, and they all
> make tons of money.

Does Twitter make tons of money?  How?  I decided to try it out
(http://twitter.com/LA2) and I don't pay anything and I don't see
any advertising.  So how do they make money?  From sending SMS?

Many years ago I heard about there.com, and they seem to be around
still.  I guess there are at least a dozen (?) similar virtual
worlds out there.  But all everybody is talking about is Second
Life.  How can that be?  Superior marketing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Virtual_reality_communities

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)