[Web4lib] The end of MySpace, SecondLife, and Twitter

Brian Gray mindspiral at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 21:31:05 EDT 2007

My personal thoughts are similar. Even if we do not maintain a
presence, we better understand these various of communication,
collaboration, and socialization.

I use Second Life a little. I participate when events occur that
interest me. So far my "users" are not there, but I have found many
personal events. I have virtually attended conferences, meetings,
poster sessions, and other activities that Icould not have attended
in-person. I also have made contact with and continue to communicate
with librarians that did not attend the same conferences as me or are
in different types of libraries. It has been very helpful to hear
perspectives on issues from other types of librarians and/or
experience the activities they are promoting to their users.

Brian Gray
Case Western Reserve University
mindspiral at gmail.com