[Web4lib] November Issue of Library Student Journal

Bob Duncan duncanr at lafayette.edu
Thu Nov 30 17:35:47 EST 2006

At 11:30 AM 11/30/2006 -0500, Drew, Bill wrote:
>I am forwarding and posting this message because it deserves the widest
>dissemination. This is a great opportunity for LIS students and LIS
>faculty as well as the rest of us to publish in an Open-Access peer
>reviewed publication.  -- Bill Drew
>The November Issue of Library Student Journal is now available at
>http://www.librarystudentjournal.com . . .

I applaud this new venture, and it's a great opportunity for LIS students,
but I'm not sure it represents much of a publishing opportunity for faculty
and the rest of us since the peer-review process applies only to
student-written articles and the peer in "peer-reviewed" is literal---LIS
students reviewing LIS student papers.  Non-student papers are not subject
to peer review.

Bob Duncan

Robert E. Duncan
Systems Librarian