[Web4lib] Federated search applications-why did you choose?

Pons, Lisa (ponslm) PONSLM at UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu Jun 15 13:06:09 EDT 2006

We are in the process of choosing a federated search product. I am
wondering if those on the list could detail why they went with one
vendor over another?

Additionally, what feature(s) has been the best received?

How have staff received these?

We're also interested in limitations-for example, if one cluster of
databases can only include 8 databases, is this perceived as a drawback?

How much time is spent maintaining the product?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa Pons-Haitz
University of Cincinnati