[Web4lib] authentication webpage

Vishwam Annam vishwam.annam at wright.edu
Wed Aug 3 14:16:27 EDT 2005

Ellen,

You might need a proxy server which allow patrons to access NetLibray (or any database) which are restricted to specific IPs by authenticate them.

Here is what you could do:

1. Install proxy server, For example Ezproxy, http://www.ezproxy.com/download/. There are may proxy servers out there, but I recommend ezproxy due to it's simplicity in installing and configuring. It is cheap too.

2. Write a script to authenticate against the credentials (bar code in your case). Ezproxy comes with default authentication pages, which you can customize according to your needs.

If you need some detailed info, please contact me off the list.

Good luck,

Vishwam

_________

Web Developer