[Web4lib] authentication webpage

Karen Ventura karen at novi.lib.mi.us
Mon Aug 1 14:07:16 EDT 2005

Ellen,

We have that setup here.  We have an EZProxy server in-house that handles
our barcode authentication.  Then, for our downloadable audiobooks, we
gave NetLibrary the URL to our EZProxy authentication page to use as our
secure referring URL.  Then when patrons try to create an account
remotely, they must first put in their library barcode, which is then
authenticated via EZProxy, and then they are allowed to setup their
audiobook account.

Course, if you don't already have something like EZProxy in place, it
might be overkill to do it just for this one subscription.  I'm sure there
are scripts out there that could accomplish this.  But since we use
EZProxy for all of our remote access databases, this was a good solution
for us.

Let me know if you want more information.

      Karen
Karen C. Ventura
karen at novi.lib.mi.us
Head, Systems & Technology