[WEB4LIB] EZProxy?

Mark Pecaut pecautm at missouri.edu
Thu May 10 15:24:28 EDT 2001

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 11:24:29AM -0700, Rich Edwards wrote:
> We are considering EZProxy to help us connect authenticated
> off-campus users to our subscription databases.
>
> Does anyone with experience with this product have any comments?
> Pro or con or in general?

>From a users's perspective, nothing compares with ezproxy.  They
don't have to configure their browsers, they don't even have to
know they are using it, except that they had to put in their
password to get access.  See
http://web.missouri.edu/~ellisref/help/proxy.shtml
for more information.  Ezproxy is very easy for them.

Plus you can authenticate users so many ways. Remote access has gotten
so much better here after we started using ezproxy.  I highly recommend it.

-Mark