[WEB4LIB] Re: Sleazy sites...it's not just porno anymore.

Blake Carver btcarver at lisnews.com
Mon May 7 17:09:18 EDT 2001

I see that stupid webcam ad on more than just weather.com lately, the
latimes does it now too.
It really bothers me that big, popular sites like weather and the latimes
have resorted to this kind of crap.
The giant flash ads on news.com are totally unbearable as well.
These ads are getting out of control, I understand they need to make some
money, but it's just getting obscene.
I dread the future of the web if this is what we are seeing now.
You can turn off JavaScript or run webwasher to stop it.

Blake Carver
LISNews.com
http://www.lisnews.com
Librarian and Information Science News