[WEB4LIB] An Informal ColdFusion Survey

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Fri Jan 19 15:04:16 EST 2001

I use Zope as opposed to PHP or Cold Fusion although PHP and Cold Fusion
do have a good following.  I'm replying mainly because I don't know if
anyone has put this out yet that Allaire and Macromedia are merging.  I
received this announcement from Allaire, so this looks like good news
for dreamweaver and CF users.

Thomas

Donald Barclay wrote:

> We are looking at using ColdFusion to serve databases via the Web, etc. I
> know a lot of Web4Libbers are running CF, and I have some questions about
> exactly how you folks are doing it:
>
> 1. What version of ColdFusion are you running?
>
> 2. What operating system are you using to run ColdFusion?
>
> 3. What kind of Web server are you using in conjunction with ColdFusion?
>
> 4. Is there anything you would do differently if you had ColdFusion to do
> all over again?
>
> If there are more than a few replies, I will summarize the final tally for
> the list.
>
> Donald A. Barclay
> Houston Academy of Medicine-                         always the beautiful
> answer
> Texas Medical Center Library                         who asks a more
> beautiful question
> dbarclay at library.tmc.edu                                     --e.e. cummings
> 713-799-7120

                      Rock and Rule
             Zope Rocks -- http://www.zope.org
           Python Rules  -- http://www.python.org
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett      Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III            University Library
bennetttm at appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/webmaster/
Voice:  828 262 6587	           FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine