Web proxy alternative option and question

Dale Poulter Poulter at LIBRARY.Vanderbilt.edu
Thu Mar 30 12:45:12 EST 2000

Good morning,

	We recently read an article in Dr. Dobbs Journal ( Feb 2000
pp86-96, the code is available at
http://www.ddj.com/ftp/2000/2000_02/) about a free software package,
webrelay, developed by Peter Zhang.  According to the article this
package will allow libraries to provide easy access to online
articles to distance students without using a proxy server.  The
package sounds great, but it was written in c (not my strong point)
for AIX.

	Has anyone attempted to port this package to Solaris?  Thanks.

Dale Poulter
Systems Librarian
Vanderbilt University
Suite 700