New Library Solutions' Internet workshops-in-a-book at ALA

Anne G. Lipow anne at Library-Solutions.com
Wed Jun 28 12:23:00 EDT 2000

[This message has been cross-posted]

Dear colleagues,

If you're going to ALA in Chicago next week, I want to let you know about our
newest Internet training books that will be available at the Library Solutions
Press booth (#4618) in the ALA exhibits, and about the times the authors will
be there for conversation and signing. All titles will be sold at a 20%
discount. (You can read details about all of them, including their the tables
of contents and reviews, at our Web site
(www.library-solutions.com).

Diane Kovacs and Ann Carlson's "How to Find Medical Information on the
Internet: A Print and Online
Tutorial for the Healthcare Professional and Consumer"  (Internet Workshop
Series No. 10), ISBN 1-882208-27-7 (2000).  Like our other books in the
Internet
Workshop Series, it's a hands-on tutorial, but what's quite special about
this one, is that it has an interactive counterpart on Diane's Web site to
which you get access via a unique ID number in each book.  It's a gem for
learners and full of excellent examples and exercises for trainers.

Also Gail Junion-Metz's "Coaching Kids for the Internet: A Guide for
Librarians, Teachers and
Parents" (2000).  Includes a disk of over 700 links, grouped by age and
subject. (Internet Workshop
Series No. 9), ISBN 1-882208-29-3.

and Gary Peete's "Business, Government, and Law on the Internet: A Hands-On
Workshop" 2nd
edition (1999).  Includes a disk of over 250 links.  (Internet Workshop Series
No. 3), ISBN 1-882208-24-2

Booth schedule:
Diane Kovacs: Sunday July 9, 3:30-4:30 and Monday July 10, 4-5pm.
Gail Junion-Metz:  Sunday July 10, 10-11am
Gary Peete: Sunday July 9, 12:30-1:30 and Monday July 10, 4-5pm.

Hope to see you in Chicago.

--Anne G. Lipow

 Anne Grodzins Lipow, Director
 Library Solutions Institute and Press
 Editorial Office   <>   2137 Oregon Street   <>   Berkeley, CA 94705
 anne at library-solutions.com <> Voice: 510-841-2636 <> Fax: 510-841-2926

         For information about LSI&P publications and seminars
                for Internet learners and trainers
                   and for library professionals
          Visit our Website: http://www.library-solutions.com
                                 or