Java applications

Bill Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Jun 23 14:14:08 EDT 1997

Helen R Lloyd wrote:

> Does anyone know of any good examples of Java applications?  I am
> particularly interested in library applications, but would also like
> other examples.  I have already checked out the Gamelan site, but may
> have missed some good ones there.  I am not really interested in
> Java used for window dressing, but would like to see where it has been
> used to extend the usefulness of the Web.
>
> I have not been overly impressed with the quality of the Java
> applications I have seen so far.  It is frustrating waiting several
> minutes for them to load, only to find that they are of quite poor
> quality.  Some are amusing, but hardly cutting edge use of new
> technology.

Don't expect anything really useful beyond a few applications.  I have
"collected" some at the following URL:

http://www.snymor.edu/pages/library/java.htmlx

I am actually finding JavaScript more useful than Java.  The above site
has links to both types.

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
LibraryLinks: http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/
SUNYLA'97: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/sunyla/sunyla97.htm