PC Security Locks

Howard Pringle hpringle at mke.fullfeed.com
Fri Feb 7 19:39:52 EST 1997

At 04:08 PM 2/7/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear Web4Libbers,
>
>This message is cross-posted to Publib-net.  Please excuse duplications.
>
>I am posting this request for a coworker.  Please respond to the address in
>the signature.
>
>I'm looking for the names of vendors or other sources knowledgeable about
>securing PC hardware for public access.  I would like some kind of locking
>system that will secure the CPU and peripherals to a fixed object such as a
>table, wall, etc.  Kensington has a lock system but it is designed for PCs
>with a locking point built in.  I need something that will work on anything.
>
>-------------
>Peter F. Bowers
>Coordinator of Technology Services
>Public Library of Des Moines
>100 Locust St.
>Des Moines, IA 50309
>Phone: 515-283-4163
>Fax     : 515-237-1654
>E-mail : pldmtech at netins.net

This isn't any kind of endorsement (haven't used their products), but an
outfit called PC Guardian has a fairly extensive line of PC hardware
security devices. They have their catalog on the web at:

http://www.pcguardian.com/

May be worth a visit.

Good luck,

** J. Howard Pringle        **  hpringle at mke.fullfeed.com     **
** Library Systems Manager  **  phone: (414) 524-3688         **
** Waukesha Public Library  **  The opinions expressed are    **
** Waukesha, WI    53186    **  mine, Mine, ALL MINE!!(insert **
**                          **  demented laughter here)       **