GW2K or Dell?

John Williams jwilliams at jhubc.it
Tue Dec 9 03:37:02 EST 1997

Vladislav S. Davidzon wrote:
> The point that Ms. Lindh makes is a very important one.  It is VERY
> important what brand parts you have in your machine.  What type of RAM,

This being the case why buy named clones, where you may well pay for the
name,  have no control over the parts used, and which often cause
problems with their proprietary solutions. I'm sure a local dealer would
be glad to make your machines, and you can meet the people who assemble
the computers and make sure you're getting the best components. They are
also just around the corner when it comes to servicing.

Is there a problem with this, apart from the difficulty a small shop may
have in quickly meeting very large orders?

John Williams, Technical Services Librarian
Johns Hopkins University SAIS Bologna Center
Via Belmeloro 11, Bologna, Italy.
Tel.: (051) 232185 - Fax: (051) 228505