ScreenCam helper setup

Roy Bennett BENNETR at fsa.wosc.osshe.edu
Tue Mar 5 17:05:33 EST 1996

We use Lotus ScreenCam to create short demos of Netscape actions
(e.g., how to download Web text).  A Netscape helper application is
setup to allow in-library users to view the demos from a html page.
The helper application, Lotus ScreenCam player (scplayer.exe), can be
distributed free of charge.

I am getting ready to make these demos available on a public Web
page.  What is the proper helper application designation for
ScreenCam?  Since the demo files have the extension .scm that is the
extension I used for the helper application.  I understand that there
is some organization that standardizes helper designation extensions.
Am I on sound ground to use .scm for the browser helper application?
I'm thinking about giving instruction on how to setup the helper app
and how to download scplayer.exe.  Thanks.

Roy Bennett
College Library
Coordinator of Library Electronic Resources
Western Oregon State College
345 N. Monmouth Ave.
Monmouth, OR 97361-1396

Email:  bennetr at fsa.wosc.osshe.edu