finding info on the Web (fwd)

Sally Fagan - Davenport College, Holland fagans at mlc.lib.mi.us
Wed Dec 6 14:30:14 EST 1995

On Wed, 6 Dec 1995, Bill Crosbie wrote:

> But that is exactly my point... Is anyone using the Web to teach people that
> there are _other_ places to find information.  If you note my inital
> statement does not say anything about finding that information on the web. :-)

Ah! okay.   An interesting question. One issue involved is the fact the
web, unlike libraries, is not site-specific. For example, an URL is the
same anywhere but a call number (assuming the form of the recommended
info. has one) and physical location (ex. reference or circulating
stacks) may vary, requiring the customer to use more than one source of
information (ex. web browser to CD-ROM or opac). No one-stop-information
gathering.
But of course, non-internet information *should* be listed on the 'net as
an option.

-----Steve Cramer
DAvenport College of Business
Holland, MI