Should this list continue?

Jennifer DeJonghe Jennifer.DeJonghe at METROSTATE.EDU
Mon May 9 18:49:38 EDT 2016

I think part of the issue is that there are a number of potential places to post now and it gets confusing knowing which list to post to. I prefer the more inclusive sounding list name “Web4Lib” but I find that if I post questions on Code4Lib or ERIL-L I get more responses. I’m not sure why listserv traffic seems to ebb and flow, but it definitely seems down here. FWIW, both of those other two listservs have had to deal with switching hosts recently, so it might be interesting to reach out to the other moderators and see how they thought through their switch and what they have experienced for traffic trends.

No matter what you decide, I appreciate all the work that has gone into managing the list and list archives over the years. Thank you.

Jennifer

Jennifer DeJonghe
Librarian and Professor
Metropolitan State University
St. Paul, MN

From: Jarvis, Hugh [mailto:hjarvis at BUFFALO.EDU]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2016 1:41 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] Should this list continue?

Roy,  I share your feelings.

I really like having a place to post/share issues, but haven’t found it a productive source of knowledge.

If keeping a listserv is found desirable, we can host it here at Buffalo.

Hugh

Hugh Jarvis (PhD, MLS)  Cybrarian
330 Crofts Hall ~ University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY USA  14260-7015
ph: 716- 645-4604   email: hjarvis at buffalo.edu<mailto:hjarvis at buffalo.edu> (preferred)
www.linkedin.com/in/hughjarvis<http://www.linkedin.com/in/hughjarvis> | buffalo.academia.edu/HughJarvis<https://buffalo.academia.edu/HughJarvis>
Proud member, UUP/NYSUT.
#SharedGovernance is about working in partnership to move UB forward to a brighter tomorrow.

“Although it is true that only about 20 percent of American workers are in unions, that 20 percent sets the standards across the board in salaries, benefits and working conditions. If you are making a decent salary in a non-union company, you owe that to the unions. One thing that corporations do not do is give out money out of the goodness of their hearts.” Molly Ivins