Proquest archival newspapers - self hosting?

Marshall Breeding marshall.breeding at LIBRARYTECHNOLOGY.ORG
Thu Jan 7 07:00:10 EST 2016

Stacy,

Does the license in which ProQuest provides you the tiff images of the newspapers require that access be limited to your specific campus community? Will it include OCR text, citations, or other metadata?  How many images and records are involved?

Knowing a few more details might be helpful to the list to help assess options for or feasibility of a self-hosting platform.

-marshall

Marshall Breeding
marshall.breeding at librarytechnology.org<mailto:marshall.breeding at librarytechnology.org>
www.librarytechnology.org/<http://www.librarytechnology.org/>