Proquest archival newspapers - self hosting?

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at BIBLIBRE.COM
Thu Jan 7 06:40:42 EST 2016

Le 07/01/2016 02:35, Stacy Pober a écrit :
> Proquest is now providing us with files of the archival newspapers we
> purchased from them.  They say that there are no libraries that are
> self-hosting access to this data, and predicted that the cost of
> creating a platform to search the metadata and deliver the TIFFs would
> be costly.
>
> I've attached their metadata sample file.  Does anyone have
> suggestions on the software we could use to provide access to this
> material?  We'd prefer an open-source solution.  The reason we are not
> paying the platform fees for this material is because they got very
> little use. We can't justify spending funds on a proprietary software
> solution for this, because the material is not in great demand at our
> library.
Hi stacy,

what about Omeka (http://www.omeka.org) ? (and if you need -paid- help,
or hosting, drop me an email. We could also do a Proof of Concept if
you're interested)

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques