Proquest archival newspapers - self hosting?

Peter Murray jester at DLTJ.ORG
Wed Jan 6 21:05:43 EST 2016

Hi Stacy,

Your attachment didn't come through the listserv, so you might have to post it somewhere else and link to it.

Islandora has a newspaper content module that might suit what you need.  You can see a bare-bones, out-of-the-box sample on the Islandora sandbox:

  http://sandbox.islandora.ca/islandora/object/islandora%3A207 <http://sandbox.islandora.ca/islandora/object/islandora:207>

The University of Prince Edward Isle took the out-of-the-box experience a little further:

  http://islandnewspapers.ca/islandora/object/newspapers%3Aguardian?year=1894 <http://islandnewspapers.ca/islandora/object/newspapers:guardian?year=1894>

The Florida State University Digital Library uses the Internet Archive bookreader (also part of Islandora) to view the issues:

  https://fsu.digital.flvc.org/islandora/object/fsu%3A109142 <https://fsu.digital.flvc.org/islandora/object/fsu:109142>

Peter

--
Peter Murray
Dev/Ops Lead and Project Manager, Cherry Hill Company

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2016-01-06