An App for laptop loan checkout?

Michael J. Paulmeno mpaulmeno at DELTASTATE.EDU
Mon Apr 18 09:27:06 EDT 2016

Does your ILS vendor offer such a product?  We are a SirsiDynix site and while we don't use the Mobile Circ app it is there should we have the money to pay for it.

Cheers,
Mike

Michael Paulmeno
Head of Discovery Services
Delta State University
(Parcels to) 1417 Maple Street
Cleveland, MS 38733
mpaulmeno at deltastate.edu<mailto:mpaulmeno at deltastate.edu>
(662) 846-4432

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Claibourne Williams
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2016 4:01 PM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] An App for laptop loan checkout?

Hunter College is an urban, primarily commuter school with about 15,000 FTE.
Our laptop and tablet loan program has about 300 checkouts/day for most of the semester.  We are wondering if anyone uses or has written an app for an iPad (or other device) with a card reader attached that would take over the check in/out process for our equipment loan using the student's ID. What we are hoping for is a way around an accumulation of paper since the students do sign a "contract" which isn't a short document.  Ideally, the receipt would be via email. The machines are checked out as an item in the catalog.
Our staff is considering writing one of our own, but it is often good to check and see what else might be out there first

Thanks in advance

Clay Williams

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2016-04-15