An App for laptop loan checkout?

Jim Hahn jimfhahn at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 15 17:27:11 EDT 2016

We just wrote something for this that we are getting ready to roll out this
summer! We may be able to share parts of the code, though I'd have to ask
around first unfortunately it isn't on a public repo currently.

It works as you describe: the students sign on a touch screen and the
receive a pdf of the completed agreement -- we used our campus exchange
servers for email (a Spring web app running in Tomcat takes care the logic
of sending the email) and two really helpful JS/HTML5 tools :

1) jsPDF https://github.com/MrRio/jsPDF

2) Signature Pad inspired by Square: https://github.com/szimek/signature_pad

Right now our public service staff are evaluating if they want to use a
touch screen montior or move to a tablet with stylus for checkout.

- Jim Hahn