Library Digital Signage Displays - Networking

Sam McDonald smcdon at RCI.RUTGERS.EDU
Wed Sep 16 10:54:23 EDT 2015

Hi,

We use Drupal. If you are a Drupal shop it isn't too hard to spin up a site that allows
- multiple sites (screens in different locations)
- have different people manage each site
- they can upload their own images or embed a youtube video
- change the duration a slide is shown
- they can easily reorder the slide order/queue
- they can share a slide across sites (takes a little communication on the display managers part)
- they can unpublish a slide ..and keep it for next year (like a spring break message or something)
- set up schedules so a given slide goes up or comes down on a given date

I think someone around here wrote down the recipe in email that outlines the functionality, modules, and the logic on how they connect together and why..but it would require someone with some Drupal experience. Let me know if you need to know more.

-Sam