Looking for libraries wanting to help to get to know their patrons research tool usage

Bosman, J.M. (Jeroen) j.bosman at UU.NL
Tue Sep 1 08:59:13 EDT 2015

Dear all,

You may have heard of the global survey of scholarly communication tool usage at https://101innovations.wordpress.com/ that we are now running. With that we are charting researchers' tool usage as an expression of practices in scholarly communication. Though it is relatively successful with currently 4,000+ responses and already 40+ institutions (e.g. Cambridge, Johns Hopkins) that partner with us in distributing it in exchange for institutionally tagged data, we still do not have adequate response levels. Those levels are needed to allow for the detailed analyses (by field, country, academic position, career length etc.) we wish to be able to do.

I wonder if there are any libraries out there wanting to participate in the distribution of this survey in their institution AND get the resulting tagged data for their constituency? For that we work with institutional custom-URLs: https://101innovations.wordpress.com/custom-url-option/

The results of this survey can be used by libraries to:

*        Reconsider tools practiced in information literacy classes

*        Prepare for talks with groups of faculty/PhD-students/postdocs by knowing their actual workflows before you meet them

*        Support licensing decisions

*        See how research practices in your institution compare to average country of global levels and use that knowledge in interpreting the importance general trends for your organization

*        Show that as a library you want to think with researchers, not for them

*        Find out your patrons' stance towards Open Access, Open Science and developments in scholarly communication in general

If you are interested please get in contact.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Bosman

[101-innovations-icon-very-small]  101 innovations: tools database<http://bit.ly/innoscholcomm-list> | survey<https://101innovations.wordpress.com/>
Jeroen Bosman, faculty liaison for the Faculty of Geosciences
Utrecht University Library<http://www.uu.nl/library>
email: j.bosman at uu.nl<mailto:j.bosman at uu.nl>
telephone: +31.30.2536613
mail: Postbus 80124, 3508 TC, Utrecht, The Netherlands
visiting address: room 2.50, Heidelberglaan 3, Utrecht
web: Jeroen Bosman<http://www.uu.nl/university/library/en/disciplines/geo/Pages/ContactBosman.aspx>
twitter @jeroenbosman/ @geolibrarianUBU
profiles: : Academia<http://uu.academia.edu/JeroenBosman> / Google Scholar<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=-IfPy3IAAAAJ&hl=en> / ISNI<http://www.isni.org/0000000028810209> /
Mendeley<http://www.mendeley.com/profiles/jeroen-bosman/> / MicrosoftAcademic<http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/51538592/jeroen-bosman> / ORCID<http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5796-2727> / ResearcherID<http://www.researcherid.com/ProfileView.action?queryString=KG0UuZjN5WmCiHc%252FMC4oLVEKrQQu%252BpzQ8%252F9yrRrmi8Y%253D&Init=Yes&SrcApp=CR&returnCode=ROUTER.Success&SID=N27lOD6EgipnADLnAbK> /
ResearchGate<http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jeroen_Bosman/> / Scopus<http://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.url?authorId=7003519484> /  Slideshare<http://www.slideshare.net/hierohiero> /  VIAF<http://viaf.org/viaf/36099266/> /  Worldcat<http://www.worldcat.org/wcidentities/lccn-n91-100619>
blogging at: I&M 2.0<http://im2punt0.wordpress.com/> / Ref4UU<http://ref4uu.blogspot.com/>

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2015-09-01