Announcing UBC Library's Open Collections

Paul Joseph paul.joseph at UBC.CA
Fri Oct 23 10:52:25 EDT 2015

Hi there,

The University of British Columbia Library is proud to announce Open
Collections, the Library’s new unified interface and innovative research
platform for locally created and managed open access digital materials from
the Library’s repositories: DSpace, CONTENTdm, AtoM, and Dataverse.

https://open.library.ubc.ca/

Highlights of Open Collections include:

Items:
- 100,000+ unique digital objects
- 65,000+ items with full text
- 7 million+ pages of full text

Metadata:
- the OC metadata model in the context of DPLA, EDM and other schemas
- downloadable metadata and full text at item and collection levels
- JSON, JSON-LD, RDF, N-Triples outputs

User experience:
- direct user access to the API
- responsive design
- data visualization
- in-context text highlighting
- usage data
- faceted search results display
- custom RSS feeds and search widgets

Under the hood:
- IIIF-2.0 compatibility
- ElasticSearch
- PHP frameworks
- JS frameworks and modules
- PostgreSQL
- and many more open source technologies

Access to the Research API: https://open.library.ubc.ca/research
Documentation about the Research API: https://open.library.ubc.ca/docs