Virtual Learning Librarian @ Emporia State University
agutierr at EMPORIA.EDU
Mon Oct 5 11:42:21 EDT 2015
Assistant Professor/Virtual Learning Librarian
University Libraries and Archives
The University Libraries and Archives of Emporia State University are committed to being the primary center for life-long learning at the university. An essential component of that vision is providing virtual experiences whereby students, faculty, and staff gain confidence and competence in critically handling information. We also aim to contribute to learning in courses through collaborations with other teaching faculty. We are looking to attract a librarian with passion and appreciation for the exciting and difficult work of designing, delivering, assessing, and revising engaging learning objects. This is a 12-month, tenure-track position. The Virtual Learning Librarian reports to the Dean of University Libraries and Archives.
* Develop and create virtual library learning tools that are easy to discover, access, and incorporate into the library's integrated system and the university's course management system.
* Work with librarians and campus educational technologists to create and implement virtual learning modules and critical thinking experiences to support information and digital literacy.
* Monitor and suggest new and emerging technologies for blended and online learning environments.
* Provide reference and instructional services in-person and via electronic means.
* Engage in research, scholarly publications, and service to the profession to meet the standards for promotion and tenure.
* Participate in library, faculty, and university governance.
ALA accredited master's degree in library or information science, or an international equivalent. Demonstrated commitment to virtual instruction and learning.
* Evidence of incorporating new and emerging technologies into information and digital literacy instruction.
* Evidence of developing collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the university and within the library to extend distance and online outreach activities.
* Demonstrate ability to work effectively and creatively in a rapidly changing environment.
* Teaching or training experience in traditional and online environments.
* Evidence of effective collaborative efforts involving diverse faculty, library staff, students, and other campus stakeholders.
* Evidence of active engagement in research and the desire to meet tenure and promotion requirements.
For more information please visit, http://www.emporia.edu/humres/jobs/unclassified/16/016/assistant-professor-virtual-learning-librarian/
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib