Hosting ejournals w/ costs - legal and liability issues?

Sigrid Kelsey sigridkelsey at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 16 16:53:52 EST 2015

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for state-funded libraries that host journals (i.e. OJS) that
charge subscription fees or author/publishing fees, or even have donation
links. I'm interested in knowing about any university libraries that do
this, and whether university policies or state laws needed to be addressed,
and how.

I'm grappling with state laws that govern the use of state equipment for
financial gain. Also, have any of your universities been concerned about
liability/ security/ audits with linking to Paypal or similar links that
are part of the OJS system?

thanks!
Sigrid

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/