Open Preservation Foundation welcomes Joachim Jung as its new Executive Director

Becky McGuinness becky at OPENPRESERVATION.ORG
Fri Nov 6 06:24:02 EST 2015

*Apologies for cross-posting*

We are pleased to announce that Joachim Jung has been named Executive
Director for the Open Preservation Foundation (OPF). Joachim will take up
the post on December 1, 2015 and will lead OPF in its mission to sustain
technology and knowledge for the long-term management of digital cultural
heritage.

Joachim has a long term interest in open communities, and brings nearly 10
years experience of working in cultural heritage organisations. He was
Project Manager for the EU FP7 SCAPE <http://www.scape-project.eu/> (Scalable
Preservation Environments) project from 2011-2014, overseeing the
development and delivery of scalable, open source services for digital
preservation.

"On behalf of the Board, I am very pleased to welcome Joachim as the
Executive Director of the OPF. We received a number of strong applications
from around the world,” said Dr. Ross King, Chair of the OPF. “Joachim has
a keen insight into the challenges of digital preservation, complemented by
excellent management skills. We look forward to working with him to
continue to strengthen our value to our members and the community.”

Joachim Jung, Executive Director of OPF, said “Having watched and helped
the OPF take its first steps in the SCAPE project, I am delighted to be
given the chance now to guide the foundation to build on its role as a
steward of high quality open source solutions for the digital preservation
community.”

Joachim takes on the role of Executive Director from Ed Fay who returned to
the London School of Economics in a new role as Head of Digital Scholarship
and Innovation in October.

- - - - -

*About the OPF*

The OPF sustains technology and knowledge for the long-term management of
digital cultural heritage, in all its forms. We provide our members with
reliable solutions to the challenges of digital preservation through
technology stewardship, knowledge exchange, and advocacy and alliances.

To find out more about the benefits of becoming an OPF member and how to
join visit: http://openpreservation.org/about/join/.

--
Becky McGuinness | Community Manager
@openpreserve | Skype: becky.mcguinness1