Employment Opportunity at ASU Libraries - Digital Library Software Engineer
Tammy.Allgood at ASU.EDU
Mon Nov 2 15:19:44 EST 2015
Come join the rapidly expanding Discovery Services team at ASU Libraries! U.S. News & World Report recently ranked ASU as the #1 most innovative school in the country and our library system aims to do the same.
Contribute to the development of software infrastructure for a rapidly expanding suite of information and discovery services through systems design, implementation, and maintenance of applications that enable the discovery, and dissemination of information and digital resources of ASU Libraries as well as external systems.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field AND two (2) years previous experience in software applications development; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
* Evidence of a Master's degree in information science, library science, information systems or related field
* Experience with Python, Ruby, or Java programming languages
* Experience with PHP
* Experience with search/indexing technology (e.g., Apache Solr)
* Experience with Unix or Linux server platforms, related software, and basic system administration utilities
* Experience in applying best practices to and planning technical projects
* Experience with team collaboration tools and version control systems
* Experience with Drupal
* Experience of three or more years developing and implementing complex web applications using MVC frameworks such as Django or Rails
* Experience in participating in and contributing to open source software development projects
* Demonstrated knowledge of library applications, technology, and standards
* Experience participating in relevant library open source efforts
* Experience working with the RDF data model, semantic web design principles, and related standards
* Experience with catalog discovery layers and discovery services such as VuFind, Blacklight, Summon, etc.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Marc21 coding of bibliographic records
* Experience with Single Sign On (SSO), shibboleth, and/or other standard authentication protocols
* Experience with multimedia and/or data visualizations
* Demonstrated knowledge of security best practices, including OWASP
* Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in problem-solving and prioritizing projects
* Demonstrated knowledge of library policies and practice, metadata standards and the scholarly communication framework
* Experience in adapting emerging technologies to new domains
* Experience in learning new technical skills quickly
* Experience in meeting deadlines
* Experience in offering customer service
Though it states on the description that "ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews." Interviews can be conducted remotely for those interested outside of Arizona.
Tammy Allgood Wolf
Director of Discovery Services
Informatics and Cyberinfrastructure Services
Arizona State University
To unsubscribe: http://bit.ly/web4lib
Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Web4lib