password protected ebook access

Chris Magnusson magnussonc at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 12 13:47:44 EDT 2015

I am part of a multi-type library consortium consisting of public, school, academic and even a special museum library.  We are just starting to explore developing eBook collections that would require our patrons to know a system wide user name and password to access the resources.
That isn't a problem for the schools and academics to share that type of information with their students, but how do we share it with our public library patrons, without sharing it with the world?
Has anyone developed a way to do this? Chris MagnussonArrowhead Library SystemMountain Iron, Minnesota

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2015-03-12