Bad "scholarly article" needed for information literacy classes

Stacy Pober stacy.pober at MANHATTAN.EDU
Wed Mar 11 18:42:04 EDT 2015

Eureka - I found that my favorite bad article is living at a new URL!

Here it is for anyone interested:

http://www.azmira.com/support/study-evaluation-of-feline-leukemia-protocols.pdf

I like it because I want something that has clear deficiencies that a class
can see without having to do a lot of close reading. I usually point out
things like the fact that the main author is the person who manufactures
the herbal supplements being evaluated, that there is no literature review
section or bibliography, and the internal contradiction of a purported
"double blind" study where the groups are treated differently in just about
every way.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Stacy

stacy.pober at manhattan.edu