WEB4LIB Digest - 23 Jan 2015 to 26 Jan 2015 (#2015-19)

Smith, Kathleen Kathleen.Smith at SJVLS.ORG
Wed Jan 28 20:04:44 EST 2015

Patrice, I have an OpenAtrium question if you want to answer me off list. We’re also using OpenAtrium (version 7.2.x) for our intranet and I’ve created mp4 videos in Camtasia. When I embed them into a space, they play, but you cannot ‘seek’ either forwards or backwards. The only option they have is to watch from beginning to end every time. No skipping around. I didn’t have that problem in OpenAtrium 1.x. Just wondering if you’ve ever had that experience. Thanks. k

Kathleen Smith, Associate Systems Librarian
San Joaquin Valley Library System
2420 Mariposa Street, Fresno, CA 93721
kathleen.smith at sjvls.org
559-600-6256

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Patrice Chalon
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 11:11 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: Re: [WEB4LIB] WEB4LIB Digest - 23 Jan 2015 to 26 Jan 2015 (#2015-19)

Hello,
After considering e-learning platform (Moodle and alike), we experimented the creation of Webcasts using Camtasia. The movies are hosted on a cloud service allowing to limit the page where the movie is shown. The movie are then embeded in our intranet (OpenAtrium based on Drupal): we created a group ("virtual classroom") to benefit from the calendar, the forum and the poll functionalities; and also webform (can be used for feeback / survey).
Camtasia also allows to create a movie embeded into a webpage , in this case, there is a funcitonnality to provide quizz (not tested).
I'm really satisfied with Camtasia, it replaced iMovie (Mac) and Premiere Elements in my workflow.
Best,

Patrice

[LISTSERV 16.0]<http://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=WEB4LIB>

  1.  Implementing online training sessions for library employees
     *   (01/26)
From: XML in libraries <robyn.maler at VILLE.MONTREAL.QC.CA<mailto:robyn.maler at VILLE.MONTREAL.QC.CA>>

Browse the WEB4LIB online archives.<http://listserv.nd.edu/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=WEB4LIB>