Amazon EC2, Azure, Google Compute for web hosting

Jim LeFager jameslefager at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 2 12:08:59 EST 2015

Hi,

We are curious if anyone is using or planning to use Amazon EC2, Windows
Azure, or Google Compute for any web hosting.  Specifically we are
interested in anyone hosting Wordpress or Omeka on these services, but if
you are hosting other projects on these we'd love to hear about them.

A few questions we have:

   - Are you using any of the built-in support packages that Amazon or
   Azure offer?
   - How many staff or approximately how much staff time is dedicated to
   managing these services?
   - Are you using Bitnami or a similar service to run Amazon Web Services?
   - Any insights, recommendations, issues or experiences with using these
   services?

Thanks,

*Jim LeFager*
Systems and Applications Librarian
DePaul University
JTR 213-B, DePaul University, Lincoln Park Campus, 2350 N Kenmore Ave.,
Chicago IL 60614
office: 773-325-3265 | Google Voice:  224-725-3786 |  jlefager at depaul.edu

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2015-01-02