Virtualization or Multi-Seat Computing Options for Public Libraries

SMITH, BAE S. bssmith at CI.SANTA-FE.NM.US
Mon Dec 7 14:37:03 EST 2015

Hi Rachel,

We implemented Useful at the Santa Fe Public Library almost two years ago.  We are a three branch small/medium size library system.  I would be happy to answer any of your questions.

Best regards,

Bae

Bae Smith
Santa Fe Public Library
Library Systems Manager
bssmith at ci.santa-fe.nm.us<mailto:bssmith at ci.santa-fe.nm.us>
505-955-6803

From: Web technologies in libraries [mailto:WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Langlois, Rachel
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2015 11:16 AM
To: WEB4LIB at LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [WEB4LIB] Virtualization or Multi-Seat Computing Options for Public Libraries

Hello wonderful Web4Lib,

We are preparing budget proposals for changes in management of our public access computers and are looking at both virtualization (we are a Microsoft shop) and multi-seat computing (Userful).  Our County IT department wants us to get information from comparable library systems.

Specifically, do you know of any library systems who have implemented virtualization as a solution for public access computers?
Do you know any library systems who have implemented Userful or some other multi-seat option?
We are specifically hoping to find systems who might have implemented something along these lines more than a year ago, so that we could get comparative costs for first-year implementation versus continuing costs.

Any help is most appreciated!

v/r,

Rachel S. Langlois

Rachel Langlois | Virtual Services Librarian

Library - Main - Technical Services | New Hanover County

201 Chestnut Street

Wilmington, NC 28401

(910) 798-6331 p | (910) 256-1238 f

www.nhcgov.com<http://www.nhcgov.com>