Virtualization or Multi-Seat Computing Options for Public Libraries

Langlois, Rachel rlanglois at NHCGOV.COM
Mon Dec 7 13:16:29 EST 2015

Hello wonderful Web4Lib,

We are preparing budget proposals for changes in management of our public access computers and are looking at both virtualization (we are a Microsoft shop) and multi-seat computing (Userful).  Our County IT department wants us to get information from comparable library systems.

Specifically, do you know of any library systems who have implemented virtualization as a solution for public access computers?
Do you know any library systems who have implemented Userful or some other multi-seat option?
We are specifically hoping to find systems who might have implemented something along these lines more than a year ago, so that we could get comparative costs for first-year implementation versus continuing costs.

Any help is most appreciated!

v/r,

Rachel S. Langlois

Rachel Langlois | Virtual Services Librarian

Library - Main - Technical Services | New Hanover County

201 Chestnut Street

Wilmington, NC 28401

(910) 798-6331 p | (910) 256-1238 f

www.nhcgov.com<http://www.nhcgov.com>