Survey on professional development needs

Vacek, Rachel E revacek at UH.EDU
Sun Aug 2 11:07:52 EDT 2015

I'm serving on the Library Academy Advisory Board for the following project, and we are seeking input from academic/research library professionals.

The New Media Consortium (NMC) was recently awarded a planning grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), under the Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Program. For this Collaborative Planning Grant, the NMC is partnering with CNI (Coalition for Networked Information) to assess the need for online professional development for academic and research library professionals. The goal is to identify sector-wide needs for in-service training for academic and research libraries that could be met with with high-quality online offerings. If the need is clear, the next steps are to develop a plan to deliver such training, and seek funding to design curricula and approaches that can be delivered to participants in any US academic or research library for free.

We hope that you will lend your perspectives to this survey and give us feedback about your professional development needs.

We estimate that it will take about 20-25 minutes to complete this survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/arlsurvey1

Thanks,

Rachel Vacek, Head of Web Services
University of Houston
M.D. Anderson Library
4333 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204-2000

713-743-5820
revacek at uh.edu

Rachel Vacek, Past President, 2015-2016
Library & Information Technology Association
http://lita.org

Web4Lib Web Site: http://web4lib.org/

2015-08-02